Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Celebrity Focus

Usually, I end up ranting about my own problems, which is pretty bad if you ask me. A bad tendency on my part...

So, I thought I could do a celebrity focus. So, who's it going to be?


Okay, so I love Chloe Sevigny. She is one of the style icons I will always look up to. She's eccentric to the brink where it's actually okay and stylish (let's just say she isn't wearing the Bjork swan dress anytime soon). She has killer style, and obviously, people are taking notice. She's been featured in campaigns from Uniqlo (above) to the new Chloe fragrance (along with Anja Rubik and Harry Potter star Clemence Posey). She also has her own clothing line, which isn't the stereotypical "celebrity fashion line." It has incredibly cool wedge booties and awesome frocks...all for the expensive price of $400+. Quite the shame.


So, for then and now photos (please click on them for a great view!), you can obviously tell that Chloe has always had a sense of style, which what some celebrities don't have (cough-Katie Holmes-cough). In the first photo from 1996, she's wearing these great booties I love! And hello? That's an Hermes bag in the last picture above (if I ever own an Hermes bag in my lifetime, I will consider my life to be very priviledged). And now that's she's grown up more so has her sense of fashion. My favorite of all of these is the photo of her from 2007 in the yellow dress (pictured below). The outfit is amazing, and I love the color. Plus, if you look up close, her lip color is a pale pink, and it compliments the ensemble perfectly. She knows that clothes just don't make a stylish person; hair and make-up do as well.


What are your opinions on Chloe? Is she just a freak or does she posess great style?

I'm without a camera; I feel terrible. I'll hopefully be able to get my hands on one soon, so I can upload some things. (I discovered the great scanner in my printer! Yay!)

Oh, and I have a new e-mail. If anyone wants some remote contact with me, just ask!! I would love to get to know more people on here.

Hope everyone's having a great week so far!! Talk to you all soon!

5 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I adore her style. She's very free spirited in her choices--like it's always a little unexpected but once she has it on it makes sense. Katie Holmes just bought some generic taste recently...she still hasn't purchased a personality though...

Kelly-Ann Maddox said...

Chloe is sensational. She thrifts all the time which I think is wonderful. She's daring without taking 'ironic' dressing over to the tacky side which is played for looks and laughs and not much else. You can tell that her style is sincere: she can have a giggle but good dressing is a passion.

Hannah Bee said...

She does have excellent style. Her clothing line is beautiful as well, and I have been coveting a floral frock of hers for quite some time... too bad it is over my budget.

Ella Gregory said...

I love Chloe. She has really fabulous style!
Loved her in the yellow.

Robin said...

I think Chloe sevigny is fantastic!