Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chanel and Dior: Couture F/W 2008-2009

So, Couture is here. I mean, I can't afford any of the gorgeous dresses that walk down the runway. I wish I could, but still, I'll take it as an inspiration.

Well, only Chanel and Dior interest me at the moment, and there's probably more on the way that will inspire me; I just don't feel like thinking about them. My tiredness is catching up with me.

So, Chanel was kind of interesting. Karl, of course, went back to the tweed, and I've begun to hate it more and more. I do love the fact that he chose a different shape with a bit of the tweed.



One thing that bothered me about Chanel was the wired frames surrounding the faces of several of the models. There was only about four, but it was random and unnecessary. It just brought me back to the mindset of Gareth Pugh, who put a large cube around his model's head.



Dior was actually quite nice and very suprising! Galliano is so talented...I loved the shoes! I've been in a t-strap phase since I participated in the school musical (I wore these adorable t-straps. They were great). And the ankle boots were cool as well. If I had the money, I would buy out the entire Dior shoe collection. Although I love the collection, I'm not too daring to wear see-through skirts though.



Check out more at style.com.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I really like the song you set to play when someone views your blog... way better than a lot of the crap people choose to play out there... and you chose some lovely pictures as well

samcrack3r said...

the shoes are great. this is sam :]