Sunday, August 3, 2008

Popism

So, I'm pretty much an Andy Warhol freak. Not obsessed, but I think he was brilliant. I am probably am the only person from my district who thinks so, even if we live so close to the Warhol museum (maybe 10 mile radius). So, it was obvious for me to check out Popism from the library. I've been desperate to read it for a while now, and I just finished it. It's so fantastic, and I need to buy it now.

But, I discovered so many things from the novel. I'm too lazy to cite them here, but Andy really went into all the fashion stuff (ahh, how I wish I was at Max's in the 60s...). It just made you want to be there, buying all those clothes and all that.

So, I need some 60s revitalization (I do own about 3-4 black tights; my mum'll freak if I buy about 5 more). Hence the Polyvore below.

Okay, it's a bit more Edie influenced, but it's basically the only crap I could find that really justified the book on my part. I actually learned that doorknockers we actually cool then. And didn't have a tacky reference behind them, of course...

But, that's really all. Life's been a bore around here, and I've just only been reading. And "memorizing" the periodic table for chemistry next year...

Thanks for all the feedback. Talk to you all soon...

1 comment:

Hannah Bee said...

Beauty. I love Andy too! He had an amazing mind.